Great alterntive to Photobucket - PostImage

Off-topic and topics which do not fit in elsewhere.

Moderator: Forum Staff

ROVER-25X
Golden Oldie
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Cabriolet

Great alterntive to Photobucket - PostImage

Postby ROVER-25X » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:19 am

Due to Photobucket going out of their way to stop us linking our images to sites like this and counteracting on
mods to fix their blocking software I decided to ditch Photobucket altogether and deleted my account after 10
years of use, I am VERY angry, when prompted to give a reason I gave them a profanity laden reason why, what
makes it worse, when you attempt to download your individual albums you have to go through a stupid Capture
Security procedure even though I was logged in, after this you have to watch a bloody advert for 30 seconds to
a minute before being allowed to continue the download, shocking downfall of a very popular site. :mad

I have now set up an account with PostImage, it is a very basic version of Photobucket and I have now sorted
out all the photos on my topics, took a few hours but this new site is very easy to use, is it better than PB ?

In some ways, yes it is but you can't rearrange the albums like PB but it will do for me. :wink3

LINK to PostImage: https://postimages.org/

All you do to register is enter your email address, they then send you a password to said address and you just
click the 'Sign In' icon with this temp password, once you are in you can change the password to whatever you
like.

Setting up albums is very easy, you will always have one 'default' album that you can't rename so ignore it and
just add all the album titles you have and it is just a matter of filling them, you can copy multiple photos in
bulk from your PC to here and its quick to upload too.

If you have downloaded your Photobucket Albums they will be in Zip Folders in your 'Downloaded' folder unless
you specified elsewhere on your PC, you will then need to 'un-zip' them first as you can't upload the photos in
the zip folder to Post Image, once unzipped you can just upload them all into the appropriate PostImage
folder/album on your account.

Now all your photos are on your new PostImage account you can place the images back into your topics with
the edit function and it is very easy to do so, click the 'Img' icon then go onto PostImage and click the Link/
Share Icon, it looks like this: Image

You will then get a list of links pop up, click the folder icon at the end of the 'Direct Link' bar, it is the 2nd
link down, the folder Icon looks like this: Image

Once clicked it will say 'Copied', you can then place it in between the bracketed 'Img' things by right clicking
and selecting 'Paste'.

Hope this helps folks and you can start uploading again and fixing old threads and build projects. Image
ROVER-25X (2001 1.4 ROVER 25)
ROVER Cabriolet (1997 1.6 K-Series)
ROVER 25XD (2004 2.0TD ROVER 25)
ASTRA TwinTop 1.9CDTi

1234dist
Club Member
Car Ownership: Rover 420 Turbo Saloon

Re: Great alterntive to Photobucket - PostImage

Postby 1234dist » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:40 am

i still use photobucket :laughing2

and imgbb

#lifehack
220 Coupe turbo K785OAT (issues :glare )
Rover Sport 220GTI m-series K56AEP
218 VVC Cabriolet R170FEU
220 GTI M-series J777RAL
75 2.0 CDT P80CJM
620 SLI P267LOM HONDA
420 GSI Turbo L191CVP
tatti :rip

ROVER-25X
Golden Oldie
Car Ownership: Rover 216 Cabriolet

Re: Great alterntive to Photobucket - PostImage

Postby ROVER-25X » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:41 am

I have deleted my Photobucket account now, had it for 10 years, we did get two tricks to get the photos to
work but after they patched the last one I just got rid as I CBA editing every single thread, no issues what
so ever with PostImage.
ROVER-25X (2001 1.4 ROVER 25)
ROVER Cabriolet (1997 1.6 K-Series)
ROVER 25XD (2004 2.0TD ROVER 25)
ASTRA TwinTop 1.9CDTi

Return to “The Lounge”